Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

usb problem

• Please log in to reply

_joe_

_joe_

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i formatted my computer and now it won't detect any usb devices. the device manager has an exclamation next to intel®eb usb2 enhanced host controller. i need help. what can i do.

Advertisements

Webb

Webb

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Uninstall the offending device. In device manger right click on it and select "uninstall". XP will reinstall it the next time you boot.

_joe_

_joe_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i have uninstall de device but when windows starts in asks for usb drvier and it does the same thing. i tried installing service pack 1 but it says windows key in invalid.

Webb

Webb

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
You don't have anything plugged into a USB port as you are doing this, do you? Maybe something like a camera or iPod that uses a nonstandard driver?

_joe_

_joe_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
no nothing is attached to the device. is there any page where i can download service pack without telling me the product key is invalid. i think the usb 2 needs an updated driver.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

i have uninstall de device but when windows starts in asks for usb drvier and it does the same thing. i tried installing service pack 1 but it says windows key in invalid.

View Post

Howdy and welcome to G2G:

You should only get that error if you are running a pirated/copied version of XP..

Where did you get yours from??

Murray

_joe_

_joe_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
see i lost the restore cd for my computer so i installed a pirated version of windows but now i am trying to change the validation product key and i can't

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Call Microsoft using their Toll-Free number.. If you have a legitimate key Code/Product Code, they will issue an activation code for your system..

If you don't have a legitimate Key/Product Code, don't even bother calling and buy your own version of XP..

Until you do one of the above, I am afraid your support here must end as we don't give any help for pirated software!!

Murray