Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ACDSEE Opening/Using Error

• Please log in to reply

aka i d i o t

aka i d i o t

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Tonight i uninstalled internet explorer 6 because it was rooting up on me. I installed Firefox instead...(im not sure if this is in the right subject but anyway)

After doing this i have tried to open images on my computer (jpg and gif) and they wont open. I normally use ACDSEE to open and veiw images.
I can open them fine if i do it in firefox. But if i try and use ACDSEE it comes up with this error.

Error Starting Program
A required .DLL file, SHFOLDER.DLL, was not found.

I tried to uninstall it, then i reinstalled it but it wouldnt work.

Please help as i work alot with images and its kind of uselss if i cant open them

oh and for the record i cant have a user display pic in MSN either...
when i try it says the image i have chosen isnt a valid type.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
While FireFox is a great browser, it's not recommended you uninstall Internet Explorer. Some site and software require IE to function, most notably Windows Update.

There are some plugins tht fool sites into thinking you're using IE, but I don't think they would work in this application. Extensions here: https://update.mozil...ication=firefox

aka i d i o t

aka i d i o t

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks.
I dont use windows updater anyway (or at leas i havent used it in the past)

I seem to have found a temp soultion in using QUICKTIME picture veiwer to open and view images.