Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox or Playstation

• Please log in to reply

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
:P Hi Everyone, I have a quick question and I have not been able to make up my mind yet. This might start a great debate like "What is better AMD or Intel"

Well with Christmas coming, I do want a gaming system, checking it out quite often I am still not sure which to get. I am still torn between getting an Xbox or the Playstation 2. Prices have dropped for both system, in Canada they are just at the $200 range. I am asking for opinions from others that might have these systems. Keep in mind, I am not looking for the mod chips, cheats, etc.

Right now there is a speacial on the Crystal Xbox which looks pretty good, clear case, possible led lights happening, but there is some games that I would love to get (Fable :D ) some are only available on Playstation and others are only on Xbox. :D

My thinking is that I can only play one system at a time,
second I can only afford one system,
third always upgrading the cp so money for parts is nice. <_<

What does everyone else seem to recommend?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
PC gaming is the better than any console. :D

XBox has superior hardware to PS2, and is teriffic if you have a hi-def or big screen TV.

PS2 has the largest selection of the best games. Consoles are only as good the games you can play on them, so I'd have to give the edge to the PS2. <_<

Welcome to Geeks to Go BTW. :D

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
For the Intel and AMD question:

- Intel -
I love the Intel chips. I the love the Intel EE even more. Have always have good computers using the chips. But with Intel you are paying for chip along with the name.

- AMD -
I have used these chips in computers I have built, none of the new ones know. The last chip I used to build a computer with was the AMD K6. For AMD the cost is cheaper(but still the same quality), and you dont pay for the name as much. Now I myself is not going to get a AMD 64FX intill Microsoft relases it retail version of the 64-bit OS of XP.

I have a Playstaton 2, and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Games to get for Playstation 2:

Metal Gear Solid 2: SOL - I think it is a Greatest Hits
Metal Gear Soild 3: Snake Eater
All of the Ratchet & Clank games - The first two are Greatest Hits now and in the US are $20
Killzone
If you like RPG then - FFX and FFX2(Dont let people talk you out of geting it I have it and I like the battle system more then 10)
SOCOM 2 Navy SEALS - A MUST HAVE(Make sure to get a headset for it)
GT3: ASpces - Greatest Hits

I have played the XBox and the game selection is not as good as the Playstaions:

Games to get for XBox

DOA3
DOA Online(It is the online verison but, cant remeber the title)
Halo
Halo2

Hope that this helps on pick a system(get the ps2 <_<), and the Intel and AMD question.

Gartos

Gartos

• Pip
  • 5 posts
If your worried about Fable don't be. I have it and when I bought it I thought it would be the best RPG ever. I was wrong. The game is way too short and the story is poor. Fable is a good game for Xbox but don't let it be your deciding factor. I like it but i think Final Fantasy X was better just because of the story.

comphelp

comphelp

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Prices have dropped for both system, in Canada they are just at the $200 range.

View Post

<_< just at $200 range...wow, ok..that sux..U.S. prices about $149 for the new PS2, which is smaller, and the original PS2, that one being the larger one is about $129..i'm pretty sure, unless they raised the price on the original up to $149 again...anyway...

I have a PS2..the new slimmer one (3rd edition) that I bought when it came out a few months back, and I don't regret it at all. At times when a couple of my friends talk about their xbox games...i kinda want one..but other than that I like PS2 better. For me, having a PS2 is more convenient to have to pack up and take somewhere, instead of the big xbox... PS2 also has more games, and for me, variety is good...