Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Urgent Help black screen with a twist

• Please log in to reply

xOx GOdMoD xOx

xOx GOdMoD xOx

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OK first i don't know where to post this cause i don't know what is the matter with the computer. so my monitor is black the screen is just black when i turn the screen on and off i can see what it says for just a second. but then it goes black. at first i usd to end a proccess called wincfty.exe and the problem went away. then it came back. then i tryed the way i just described and it won't work anymore. then after about a week of being like this i pressed the screen on and off and it stayed on so i quickley changed the power saving settings off so the monitor would never turn off. then i had a power outage and my screen is doing this again i really need help i am typing from a friends computer. also i have reinstalled windows and formatted all partions and then installed and any combination of not formmating patrions and formmating some other patrions and creating new ones and it dosen't work so please help me fast.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

when i turn the screen on and off i can see what it says for just a second

Have you tried a different monitor. Sounds like the video signal is there if you can recycle power on the monitor and see something for a second or two.

xOx GOdMoD xOx

xOx GOdMoD xOx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is there a Faster and Cheaper fix?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Is there a Faster and Cheaper fix?

I didn't mean for you to go out and buy a new monitor.

I was asking if you could try a "different" monitor. Since your vid information seems to be there, you need to verify if it's just a monitor problem. Sorry, the other solution is to start pulling your video card and swapping that... but I doubt the vid card is the problem.

xOx GOdMoD xOx

xOx GOdMoD xOx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry Yeha i will try to find another monitor some where to try.