Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Jesues im in painnn somebody helppp!

• Please log in to reply

Loveles

Loveles

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I get the most anoying message when i try to restart my computer .

Lsass.exe: Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library Msvcrt.dll.
-or-
Services.exe: Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library Msvcrt.dll.

After i press OK, a blank desktop appears on the computer screen. The pointer may be present and working. However, there is nothing to click, and the keyboard does not work.

And of course after this i have to restore my entire computer, microsoft had a fix for this but that ist going as simple as i hoped it would have
http://support.micro...B324762&SD=SONY

But what i find crazy is how im suppose to follow these instructions when im useing sonys vaio restore disks, which doset give me the option to press the R key or what ever. I even went to sonys web support page and it sent me right back there.
And in all of this, this is the 6th time i have restored my computer :tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
have you done what it says in the attachment that your put up?

Loveles

Loveles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well yeah but i dont see a welcom screen, when the system recovery program starts all i can do is press "Next", and click on the drive i want to restore. i dont see any of the things there there talking about :tazz: Can anyone help ?

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Is there a patch that you can download for the problem, from the microsoft web site?

Loveles

Loveles

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Im hopeing that i looked over it, but from the looks of it, there ist one, im starting to think my comp is giveing me the boot.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Not sure whether this will work from a recovery disk, but worth a shot.
The Recovery Console can be installed, follow the steps below to install Recovery Console.
  • Start->Run.
  • Type X:i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons
    (where X: the letter of ur CD drive.)
  • Press Enter.
Do u have SP2 installed? If yes, then u could copy the dll form C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386. But u will also need a bootable CD with some kind of File Explorer.

P.S: U could also borrow a XP Setup CD, to skip the above procedure.