Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti Alasing Question

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Hey guys, iv been trying to get anti alaising to work on Battlefield 2 and whenever i turn it on it slows my system right down.

I have a 6600GT, 512DDR Ram and a 3200+ AMD AthlonXP processor. What would make it work better? I know that RAM would speed up loading time, but didnt find out what would help.

Thanks guys

Advertisements

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Removed -- spam!

Edited by admin, 29 November 2005 - 10:36 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
A 6600GT isnt that great a card it would struggle to run with any AA even with a gig of ram.

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
BF2 is just a resource hog a GB of RAM helps regardless.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It will help the game will be alot smoother.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
As far as i know, the NX6600 GT is pretty [bleep] good, not the best, i wasnt wanting to shell out £300 for the best (where it says wanting, read able).

It runs BF vietnam at full spec without any problems, but vietnam didnt have AA. Im getting a RAM upgrade soon anyway, i should have 1.5GB come next week, if that dont help, itll have to wait till my next upgrading spree. Or i could over clock the [bleep] out of my graphics card :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
you dont have to shell out 300 quid i spent 190 and i can play bf2 on full. Wouldnt help much on a GT allready quite highly clocked. Also make sure your new ram and your old ram are the same speed and try not to use all the the slots for ram as you will probably see a speed drop on the ram. Check the mobo manual at the ram section. Gfx cards if you push them to far just go haywire if you push then to far.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
really? what did you get? The only other one in range was the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, £200 was my cap...[bleep]!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
An x800xl. ebuyer.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
. . . . i hate you

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Always shp around lol, i must have went on a hundred different hardware sales sites.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
yeah, i just looked on ebay. seen my card -£25, im beelin.