Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon 9600 AGP Artifacting

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Ok, so here's the deal. My dad tried to pop in my boot drive to try to back up some stuff b4 he formated and re-installed windows, well, it wouldn't boot, and now there is all sorts of artifacting now, when i have color on 32bit it does it on the desktop, so i gotta keep it on 16 bit, but when i try to play a game, or even sometimes eve with 16 bit color it still artifacts on desktop. this is on a computer that has a nForce 2 chipset a Abit NF7-S mobo amd xp 2500+. any help would be great

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Try running Drver cleaner and remove any drivers related to video, then reboot and reinstall the video drivers that came on the cd that came with the video card.

What video card do you have? If it gets its own power directly from the psu make sure that the connection did not get loose, also check that the plug that supplies power to the fan on the video card is connected.

You should also reseat the video card in case it got bumped loose when removing the hdd

Rick

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
i've already reseated it, and i am running on a fresh install of windows with the latest drivers from ATI right now. and i already said Radeon 9600 AGP, lol, so no extra power. and i can't even get it to reconize the DVI jack as a primary jack, i tried, but i can't lol so i can't even test that

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
well, i did what you said about the drivers, useing the driver clean up tool, but it didn't help, so, i am assuming it is probly a hardwere issue now, so i think i may send that back, it has a lifetime warrenty on it, so no worries

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Yea I think that the card is bad, usually when they artifact there toast but you have to try the driver thing to be sure

goladith

goladith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
already tried to driver thing....multiple times, so. I am just so glad Visiontek has a lifetime warrenty on the cards. See, even as i sit here in mozilla it is artifacting, lol and this is not ver graphice intesive, lol!

EDIT-well, i just called tech support and he said "Yep, that sounds like the card. Whats you e-mail address, i'll send the RMA forum to you" so, i'm gonna get this streightend out now. now just to get my computer fixed

Edited by goladith, 09 August 2005 - 12:32 PM.