Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS COMPUTER CANT RUN BATTLEFIELD

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Right i just reread your original post, you have a heat problem i think. Even for a pentium 4 that is far to hot, you should never exceed 60 degrees on the cpu. It should idle in the 40s at least. You should reseat the heatsink remebering to clean it and reapply thermalmaterial i would get some arctic silver 5 for the job. If that doesnt work you will need a new HSF and maybe another case fan.

Advertisements

chaboyer

chaboyer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
well i found out tht was actually the videocard cuz wen i was fiddling with ati tool it went up 8 degrees

and i found the problem i had on "eax" or wutever turned it off and now it runs great so im guessing it had sumtin ot do with ram

chaboyer

chaboyer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
got a 256mb radeon 9600 still crashes and im out of money so i cant get ram yet