Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LOUD NOISE COMPUTERS

• Please log in to reply

tennisboy

tennisboy

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
okay my brothers computer is so abundantly loud, we think its the fan but we dont know for sure, theres just this constant "fan like sound" and there is a lot of hot air coming out of the air holes of his processor box. Is there anyway he can minimize the sound?

thnxs guys

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hmmmmmmm, you need to be more specific,

Did this just start to happen or was it always loud?
what are your system specs or brand name and model number?
What are the "the air holes of his processor box" please describe, is out of the power supplies exhaust fan or other fans?

Rick

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
it was loud from the beginning, but it got louder ever since the house started heating up due to the hot weather outside... =/ uhh its a intel celeron 3.4 ghz, my brother carved a 6 inch hole on the side of the processor cover on the side , he has 4 fans going on in the computer right now could taht be the sound?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes the fans are what make them noisy get gel mounts that will absorb some of the vibration and rubber feet for the pc to rest on. And bigger fans are quiter but you can buy special quiet fans from akasa or i think vantek has a range called stealth that are also quiet.

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
YES i got the same advice from the guys at geeks squad at best buy haha thnxs man

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
It may also be just one of the four fans. Unplug one fan at a time to see if it is just one that has gone bad or a collection of all the fans. Or, an easier (and more dangerous) way is to physically slow one down with your finger at the risk of hurting yourself or the fan, which I am NOT recommending.

If it is all 4 fans, then an approach to solving this problem can start here....

hope this helps!