Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ISearchtech.sidefind and istbar [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dexter101

Dexter101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey! ;)
I have done the registry editing once again. Do you want me to scan again with ewido?
I'm doing the transfert from my old session to a new one for all my emails but there someything weird going on. For my old session the dbx files are in: C:\Documents and Settings\myfirstname\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{3C2D243C-A138-4FC9-908D-4084B5F7FCE4}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
just like so said they would be but for the new session i created it the identities folder is in:
C:\Documents and Settings\myfirstnamemymiddlename\Application Data\Identities
It isnt in local settings\Application Data. Should I move this folder to the given directory before moving all the dbx files?
Also I am not the only one with a profile on this computer (my dad has a profile too) can i repeat the same actions?

thnkx :tazz:

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
did you try logging in as an administrator, then try it to all users?

Your old profile should reflect all your emails on your account, it would be different for another user, its old profile will reflect all his profiles too respectively.

Dexter101

Dexter101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey!
All accounts have the administrator status but if you mean loggin in as the Admisnitrator (the profile) I did that too. And the Identities folder is in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data.
Can I still move all the e-mail even though the directory for my new profile isnt the same as for the old profile?

thnkx :tazz:

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Thats it, the catch here is that whenever you make the new profile there will be changes on the paths of the directory. So, to refresh it to remember its old settings you must overwrite it with the old profile. Important is you keep back-up of the old profile because they contain the necessary settings of your previous account.

SETTINGS OF OLD PROFILE --> NEW PROFILE (overwrite).

Play with it and give it a try, let me know how did it go. Just always make a good back-up of the old profile. :tazz:

Dexter101

Dexter101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey!
Need major enlightment here :)
The paths directory is the one thing that is bothering me.
The directory for my new profile do I modify it so it corresponds to the old directory from my old profile?
overwritting my new profile with the settings of my old profile is done exactly how?

awaiting your instructions :tazz:

Thnkx

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

All accounts have the administrator status but if you mean loggin in as the Admisnitrator (the profile) I did that too. And the Identities folder is in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data.
Can I still move all the e-mail even though the directory for my new profile isnt the same as for the old profile?

that is the point the directory of the old profile should replace the new profile. When I mean to overwrite it, it means to copy&paste the specified folders from the OLD profile to the NEW profile, a confirmation will state DO YOU WISH TO OVERWRITE EXISTING FILE/FOLDER

here is the link again:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/I-really-messed-up-Itand39s-all-GONE-t30854.html#

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.