Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My CD-ROM won't work?

• Please log in to reply

Onestep

Onestep

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
My CD-ROM won't work? Here's what I need to know. My CD-Rom used to be the leter (F) and now its (G). Since being G it won't play audio or video??? How do I change that G to a F? I have looked all around for steps in doing this but unable to find anything. I installed a new cd burner in my (E) drive and it works perfect. By the way, I went into device manager and the CD-Rom (G) is enabled. So please, what do I do? Many thanks and God Bless.
Onestep <_<

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Onestep

Ok, lets see, you have just added a CD burner to your cp, moving the CD-ROM onto another IDE cable or no. It sounds like a jumper setting on the burner, are they both connected to the same IDE Cable or is each one on a seperate cable? One has to be configured as Master and the other one Slave if they are the same cable.

Check that first, then you can go to My Computer on the desktop, right click and select Manage. When the MMC window pops up, select Disk Management, wait for the cp to tell its info, on the bottom of the window you will see your Harddrives, cd rom, cd rw, right click on the drive icon and select change drive letter and paths, you should be able to reassign the letter F: unless you have an issue with the jumper settings.

Hope this helps. <_<

Onestep

Onestep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Hi Spank_Me,
Thank you so much for responding. I don't know about that slave or master drive so I went to My Computer and did as you instructed and all of a sudden the F drive appeared and I didn't do nothing. So I am now able to use my cd-rom drive just fine. BUT... a new problem appeared and I hope you can help me. I tried ripping some vob files off of a dvd using Easy-VCD (a program that I have used on a weekly bases. But now it only half rips a dvd. In the help file it said to go to there website which I don't think exist anymore. The site is www.EazyVCD.tk
and in there get new aspi's. So what do I do now? Is there another program like this? I am totally dumb founded. Any advice? I am using Easy-VCD 1.15a Any and all help is greated appreciated. Many thanks, Onestep