Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Critical Error

• Please log in to reply

Rashed

Rashed

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I downloaded a videogame demo (F.E.A.R.) and when I double-click the demo, it flashes a MS-DOS screen and after that nothing happens?
Here is what it looks like when I click the install file :
http://i14.photobuck...332/nit2/ff.jpg
Also this is how the properties of the file looks liek : http://i14.photobuck...2/nit2/dddd.jpg
It shows that the demo is a DOS file? How do I change that and make the demo work, and install it.

Edited by Rashed, 07 August 2005 - 08:31 PM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
The download might be corrupt, have you tried downloading it again?

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I had this EXACT same problem when I DL'ed it for the first time. The download is corrupted.

Go to 3dgamers.com or 1up.com and redownload it. I got the fastest transfer rates from those sites.

BTW, the game looks like it's going to be AMAZING.

Edited by Metalive, 09 August 2005 - 12:48 PM.

Rashed

Rashed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yeah, well the file was corrupted. ([bleep] you Yahoo! Games) So my friend just burned the demo for me and it worked! The game is amazing! Thanks for trying to help me out guys! :tazz:

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
How well can you run it? I was suprised when I ran everything maxed, soft shadows on, AFx16, with only AA turned down to 2x, and still managed a solid 30FPS that jumped to 50-60 in some locations. God, this game is pretty. :tazz:

Any game that allows you to blast a guy in the face with a shotgun in slo-mo, causing his head to explode while doing a backflip with his finger still on the trigger is A-OK in my book.