Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with error messages

• Please log in to reply

Goem

Goem

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello.

last night i downloaded gozilla for the purpose of scheduling download tasks while i'm away from my desk. not only didn't gozilla download anything but my pc was sluggish when i returned to my desk several hours later. i then ran net vampire which i've used a few times in the past with no problems at all. everything was fine for awhile until i was midway in the process of transfering files from one folder to another then i suddenly got an error message that said something like "windows explorer has encountered an error and will shut down". everytime i open the folder that message pops up and closes my folder and the problem has spread to the 2 other folders i had transfered files to. no other folder in my directory is affected, only the 1 folder where the downloaded files were sent and the 2 folders where i transfered files to. i uninstalled gozilla but the problem persists. i doubt the problem is the files themselves since i've downloaded them manually in the past with no problem. i read on another board that some with similar problems had a virus but i've ran everything from norton to adaware to hijack this and i'm clean so i'm not sure what the problem is. i don't know if this is relevant but the files i downloaded were mpegs, mp3's, jpegs, wavetables and ens files for Reaktor. can anyone offer any suggestions on how to correct this problem? thanks

Advertisements

timetowaste

timetowaste

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Once your figure that one out let me know. Its really annoying, seconds after going into a file to have an error message come up. I usually just move the message to the side and keep doing what I was doing.