Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spinning, creepy mouse.

• Please log in to reply

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
My mouse busted down yesterday, so I got a new one yesterday. It is a optical micro innovations mouse. I play counterstrike with it, and every minute, it will randomly look up and spin for a few seconds, usually causing me to die. Why does it do this and how can I fix it? Someone told me it does it to reset itself. It is very annoying. Should I get a new mouse? Or is it no use? My old optical mouse did not do this, but that was super old. Also I saw on the news that Apple came up with this new 360 revolutionary mouse, but that is 50$, so =[.

Advertisements

Vision

Vision

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
it may not be connected to your computer all the way? I dont know thats a weird thing if that dont work deff. get a new mouse not that Apple one ((Apple Sux)) most likely get a wireless for bout 20 $ or a wired one for like 10 $!!

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Yes, I have a wireless mouse, It is actually worse than this one. If I didn't make myself clear, it only does this during the game, otherwise it is normal. Also someone told me that it is the white on the mousepad that is doing it. He told me to get a new mousepad, that just confused me more.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dont use a mouse pad for optical mice, older mouse pads had that stupid finish that they hate. Try it without the mouse mat thats why optical mice are better they dont need mouse mats.

modusoperandi

modusoperandi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I had this problem it was because a hair had gotten over the lense of the mouse. It would move just right and reflect of the hair and do exactly what you describe. Check the lense and the light to see if there is anything there.

phua zheng hao

phua zheng hao

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
did u install the mouse driver provided by the mouse? try install it, some driver will improve the mouse performance.

if you are going to buy new mouse pads have a look at these :tazz:
https://www.icemat.c...p?main=products

for mouse i recoment logitech http://www.logitech....t/CA/EN,CRID=19

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Thanks guys, I will check the lens and try it without a mousepad and post the results. As for the logitech mouses, alot people in the game tell me they don't work so well for counterstrike. But if these two suggestions dont work, I will have to get a new mouse.

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Well I took out the mousepad and looked at my lens for hairs and stuff, it worked fine for a little while, there wasn't that many random movements by itself, but then it started getting worse than before. I guess I'll have to get a new mouse.