Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP/Computer help PLEASE

• Please log in to reply

StUnGuN

StUnGuN

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok.....Im running an AMD athlon 1.33 ghz with 512mb of RAM and windows XP....THe computer will boot up and after a minute or so just restart...It used to boot up in safe mode but it doesnt do that now either. Automatic restart is turned off and I've tried to use ultimatebootcd and it didnt help....Someone please help

Advertisements

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
before your system startup started recycling have you made any changes to the OS or have downloaded any files or installed any 3rd party software?

do you receive any error messages while starting to run in safe mode?

during startup do you hear any beeps? long short, what bios do you have?

StUnGuN

StUnGuN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok when it loads the partion or whatever it stops after loading the driver amdagpxp.sys and just freezes there not going any further...As far as third party software and all that stuff goes.....Only thing i can think of would be warcraft and I dont think thatd cause any problems....but also it used to give me an hmonitor.exe error at startup but I dont think that is it either being that it is the monitor..If you could tell me where i could find what BIOS it is I would greatly appreciate it and thanks for replying...

StUnGuN

StUnGuN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
BTW it also fails to show some icons in the system tray...Dunno if thats related to the problem or not

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that hmonitor is a hardwear monitor ( i think) i searched for amdagpxp.sys and all suggestions that i could find suggest that ints the amd graphix card driver....most of them suggest updating your graphix driver, chipset driver, and bios....i haven't found any reference to a resolution.

StUnGuN

StUnGuN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ill see what i can do.....ty