Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can your computor GOBACK in time?

• Please log in to reply

attreasures

attreasures

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: When beginning printing of my Quicken month end summary, XP?? or ??posted a 'you do not have the authority to do this' and locked me out. The same message came up when I tried to close Excel and Internet Explorer,which were open, and also when I pressed Start to try and close. When I had a Gateway..If my printer wasn't ready..no paper etc, I would go to Gateway Goback. Now this summary as far as I am aware has no way to retreive it as I have a Dell and it does not have a method which will take the computor, including data in programs, back to a safe place in time. HELP..any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Barbara

Advertisements

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Have you tried using System Restore yet? Go to Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools - System Restore.

attreasures

attreasures

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you very much. It seems to have worked. Here's hoping.
Thanks again for the suggestion.