Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Counterspy killed my LAN!

• Please log in to reply

ngfgokuvegeta

ngfgokuvegeta

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello. I am experiencing the same problem as this person here.

I installed 2 of my 3 computers with Counterspy. After installing it, I ran the My PC Checkup feature on both of them which killed my LAN connection. I can't connect to the 2 computers I ran the My PC Checkup on from my third computer. The guy in the link above told me that Sunbelt software provided him with a .reg file. I have also contacted Sunbelt about the problem but have not yet responded. Could someone help me out here?

You can also check out this link herebecause it seems like a big problem. I think it may have to do with the "Restrict Anonymous Access" setting. If someone knows a little bit more about this, please help me out! :tazz:

Advertisements

ngfgokuvegeta

ngfgokuvegeta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I just used the "System Restore" feature of Windows XP and now it works.