Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop unwanted e-mails (spam)

• Please log in to reply

Aileen Delahunty

Aileen Delahunty

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
:tazz: I have used this site before to get rid of a virus so I am hoping you can help me get rid of these [bleep] e-mails. Every day I get about 20 or so. I don't open them just delete them but they keep coming.
Any suggestions. If it means changing my e-mail address I don't know how to have that address come up in outlook express. Very computer illiterate

Advertisements

Cranky

Cranky

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
I dont know what e mail provider you have but in settings or e mail settings you should have the option to send them to junk mail or have them deleted automaticly without you even seeing them.

Hope this helps. :tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
If you are in New Zealand and with Clear net, you have virus and spam protection.

Or download incredimail at www.incredimail.com and install that if you like... that as a junk male filter in it.

Cranky

Cranky

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Hi, Aileen Delahunty

I dont know what provider you have. i e (msn, yahoo, aol) ect.
With msn go to your inbox, in the top right corner click on options, click on junk
e mail protection, click on delete junk mail, then click on circle next to delete
junk e mail immediately and then click ok. and (your done)

With yahoo go to inbox in top right corner click on mail options, click on spam protection, and click the circle next to Immediately delete these messages upon receipt. Then click continue. and (your done)

I dont know about any other provider but they should all be about the same.

To reply, At bottom of my post click on, add reply.

Thanks !!

Edited by Cranky, 09 August 2005 - 12:22 PM.