Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPod song transfer problem

• Please log in to reply

bryw4

bryw4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My last computer crashed and lost everything. However, I still have a lot of songs on my iPod that I want to put on my new computer (IBM thinkpad with windows xp). Software is up and running, but everytime I connect my iPod it will only give me the option to restore (erase everything) and not update. I tried using a 3rd party software (PodUtil), but it seems that my cpu first has to recognize the iPod (again - hopefully without erasing all my songs). HELP, PLEASE.

Advertisements

kktoot

kktoot

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz: I am having the exact same problem!!!! Someone HELP!!!! :) :) :) :ph34r: :ph34r:

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
(1) - Do you have a Handbook/Manual? I would think that changing PC should be covered.

(2) - Go to iPod Web Page - Look at FAQ - Browse Support Page -

(3) - Did you receive an INSTALLATION CD - Browse the CD for pdf Files - MANUAL/HANDBOOK may be there.

Jack123