Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"Juiced" keeps crashing...

• Please log in to reply

olsalesd

olsalesd

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok, so I just bought the racing game, "Juiced". I tried installing it on my computer...and everything went fine. Then when I tried to run the game, as soon as the whole computer screen went black like it was about to start the game, I get my windows xp message, an error has occured..yada yada yada...send error report...yada yada yada. So i went to error details, and this is what the error was:

AppName juiced.exe AppVer 0.0.1.8 ModName juiced.exe
ModVer 0.0.1.8 Offset 0011c813

I installed it on my dads newer laptop, and the game ran fine. So its something on my computer...I think. So I'm thinking it might be my graphics card, but I hope not, and I would hope its just a little setting or something!

Edited by olsalesd, 08 August 2005 - 12:49 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You bought it poor you, that game is seriously awful flatout and nfsu2 are much better games. Sounds like its one of those little files on our computer that interferes with similar programs if it happens on mine i usually reinstall that doesnt work ill reformat.

olsalesd

olsalesd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
what does "re-format it" mean? and I've been playin the game alot on my dads computer, and it seems fine. The only thing that I wish it had was a little more customizing options like nfsu2. Other than that...the betting, the racing, the cars, everything is cool.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
format means to install it again!! :tazz:

olsalesd

olsalesd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I reinstalled all of windows tonight...in hopes of making the game work. Nope! Same Error message.

AppName: juiced.exe AppVer: 0.0.1.8 ModName: juiced.exe ModVer: 0.0.1.8 Offset: 001c88e5

I have always had my problems solved on these forums. Please I know someone knows of this error! Even if it cant be fixed, at least someone tell me it is my graphics card so I know to go buy a better one! My current graphics card is an SIS650. Is that good?

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Tell us your system specs!
Regards RockyIV

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Strange hmm must be hardware then, so by all means crack away and get a new gfx card. Sounds like one of those integrated intel gfx jobs you have now so anything would be better.

olsalesd

olsalesd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
well, can i get a graphics card that will support most newer games...for say...under 100$?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well ATI just eleased the x800GT its under a 100 USD i think but you wont get a great card for that money its enough to play juiced though.

olsalesd

olsalesd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Well I'll be willing to buy a new card, but is that for sure the problem that is causing Juiced not to launch? Also, if I do buy the x800GT, I just pull my old graphics card out, put this one in, and turn on my computer?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Cant promise anything but your current gfx isnt up to playing new 3dgames like juiced anyway so if you want to play them new gfx is the only way you are going to be able to.