Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CounterStrike video problem

• Please log in to reply

IghIgh

IghIgh

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello. I got a Nvidia Alladin Tnt2 and when i try to play Counterstrike with opengl i get the message "The specified video mode is not supported. The game will now run in software mode". I downloaded the drivers from nvidia site and i get an error saying it didnt find compatible drivers with hardware. But in Device Manager it appears on graphic card that i got a Nvidia Alladin tnt2. Thanks

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
It probably means your card cannot support OPenGL. Well, it does, and it doesn't. The older cards tend to require "software" OPenGL. Your TNT2 is quite old, so it will always use software mode.

IghIgh

IghIgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have already played counterstrike using opengl. I formated my computer and reinstalled everything again and now it doesnt work.

IghIgh

IghIgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can anyone help me?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
edited... Oops sorry for that!

Edited by makai, 11 August 2005 - 10:38 PM.

IghIgh

IghIgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
?? i created this thread. can u help me with my problem? I answered to your post above.

Edited by IghIgh, 11 August 2005 - 07:00 PM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The latest Nvidia drivers (77.77)will not work correctly with TNT2 cards according to Nvidias compatibility matrix. Try installing and older version... here is the Archive listing.

w00tage

w00tage

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok, im playing counter strike : condition zero and when i trie to run it on open gl or d3d it keeps saying "the specified video moe is not supported. the game will now run in software mode"

im using a radeon 8500 ...a hercules i think

256mb ram
2.6 ghz processor

plz could some one tell me whati should do ...cheers

Edited by w00tage, 14 August 2005 - 04:23 PM.

idontknow1

idontknow1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i'm having the same problem as IghIgh....
i've gone through the driver archive...i'm still stuck...any other suggestions?

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
OK BETA drivers are unstable and are not really recommended but I have been having massive problems playing Counter Strike and after installing NVidia's latest beta drivers my problems have dramaticaly decreased.