Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

tcpsvcs.exe takes 50% of cpu

• Please log in to reply

Harinam

Harinam

• Pip
  • 4 posts
This is very suspicious behavior of a windows process. Spybot, Spysweeper, and Spyware doctor don't report anything about it.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

tcpsvcs.exe is a part of Microsoft Windows networking components. This essential system process is initiated when the computer uses special TCP/IP networking services such as DHCP, Simple TCP and print services. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

The Spy Bot database currently registers tcpsvcs.exe to Microsoft.

This is part of Microsoft Windows.

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 08 August 2005 - 03:05 PM.

Harinam

Harinam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for your reply. I recognize these facts about tcpsvcs.exe. I just think it is fishy that this process should always use 50% of the cpu. I'll look into printing and whatever else may use that process.

wildrex

wildrex

• Pip
  • 6 posts
if you have ipv6 installed try removing in cp from window components or open ms-dos prompt and type "ipv6 uninstall". i found this to help

Harinam

Harinam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for your reply. I recognize these facts about tcpsvcs.exe. I just think it is fishy that this process should always use 50% of the cpu. I'll look into printing and whatever else may use that process.

Harinam

Harinam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks, I'll try that.

wildrex

wildrex

• Pip
  • 6 posts
dont forget to reboot to take affect