Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird startup programs!

• Please log in to reply

metallikitty

metallikitty

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:( My friend's computer was totally full of junk. Thanks to AdAware and SpyBot we have decimated much of it, and I just downloaded CWshredder cause CoolWebSearch is so hideously tenacious. :)

The question I have is, there are some really bizarre .exe files in the startup programs area. I have not been able to find a THING on them with Google or Dogpile, and that is strange to me.

One of them I attempted to just go delete it and it would not let me, also this same program causes a Windows alert something like

"We are sorry but *anyprogramname* has encountered a problem and needs to close, would you like to send Microsoft data regarding this issue"

That is NOT the exact wording, and I know that is a legitimate message cause it has happened with absolutely nomal programs on my non-buggy home computer.

The unusual .exes are as follows:

tdgirho.exe (that is the one that encountered a problem and needs to close)
rwjlvvh.exe
einmuoy.exe
cukqlca.exe
skkockn.exe
hhyimph.exe
qrgdlri.exe
bbhlxvi.exe

;) :tazz:

I hope and pray someone can help me with this. I haven't checked on these everywhere but it is pretty disheartening to not be able to find anything on Google, for heaven's sakes!

Advertisements