Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Norton Internet Security-Connectivity problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried everything, read the book over & over, Not a complete idiot on a computer either. There is a setting that is not right. In the User's guide, I have reset everything it tells me to reset except where it says to allow ISP port scans, no ISP addresses come up in the window it tells me to check.

I know it's got to be something simple I'm missing. The window keeps popping up
saying IE is trying to connect to DNS server, I say to allow & it just pops back up again.

My internet connection is Roadrunner cable modem.

Please help!!! :tazz: I caught a Trojan last week that my AVG didn't stop & couldn't fix. Thanks to you all I got it removed & now am trying to stay protected.

BTW, yes I have removed AVG from my system prior to installing Norton.

thanks, Eliz