Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

i have a problem with my FPS in CS:S

• Please log in to reply

VIRITUAL

VIRITUAL

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Alright so i have a whole bunch of problems with my counter strike source version. First of all my ping is now usualy 85-100 and my FPS is 9-11 which makes it unbelievably choppy and impossible to play with....i just have a regular Dell Dimension 2350 with a nvidia pci 125mb and a new RAM 512mb and that new stick made it run a little smoother and brought my ping down from 500 down to 100 but my vid card doesnt do a thing...........if you can help me thank you and if you cant even understand the mubo jumbo i just said im sorry and thanks for trying to understand it.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well it sounds like the pc isnt powerful enough to play the game, it is at lowest settings right. A new gfx card maybe but gve some system specs and ill tell you if it should be running ok.

VIRITUAL

VIRITUAL

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
If you follow this link you will find the specs on my computer---http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Dell_Dimension_2350_MPN_235PSW---thank you very much for helping me...im no good with computers at all.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
what is the make and model of the video card. That could be alot of the problem

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah it doesnt really have the power to run CS:S It would manage ok with a good vid card but its really not worth putting a good vid card in that pc.