Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wrt54g Firmware update doesn't work...

• Please log in to reply

Eklipse219

Eklipse219

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I've occasionally gotten disconnects from certain apps but not others - Firefox works when Counter-Strike doesn't, or Xfire, or something like that. I thought that I should probably update the firmware, seeing as how it's still whatever it was out of the factory. So I downloaded the WRT54G v.2 firmware update from linksys.com, and I ran it. It looked okay, hitting 1% in like a few seconds, but...it reset to 0% and said "unable to get responses from server". Now, I thought that this might have something to do with ZoneAlarm, so I added the updater to the program control list as "allow all", and it still doesn't work. Suggestions, anyone? I'd really appreciate the help...as you can see, the update itself hasn't even begun yet, or the router really wouldn't be working. Thanks!

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
you may want to try TFTP to update. this case may help,

linksys router doesn't function
We could not upgrade the firmware. Resolution: Use Linksys BEFSX41-TFTP.exe to
upgrade the firmware. Related Topics. Remote configuration on BEFSX41 doesn’t ...
http://www.howtonetw...dy/linksys2.htm