Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HAL.DLL MISSING OR CORRUPT AGAIN...

• Please log in to reply

oreofudge

oreofudge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Darth...

I read the last article that you send me and followed the instructions.

After doing that I was able to log-in into XP but the puter was acting somewhat weird, I mean, it was real slow, I thought it might be for that windows repair that we tried to do but was unable to finish, so I continued with it, and it gave me 2 errors which I couldn't write down to post them, but was able, I suppose, to repair my Windows installation. It asked me for the key again and was also able to update thru Windows Update to SP2 and all necessary patches, etc...

The Internet Security was acting weird too so I removed it and reinstalled it, it seems to be working fine...

All the files and previous installed software was there...

I ran Spywareblaster, Spybot Search & Destroy, M$ Antispyware is running too as well as NAV'05...

I searched for Sasser just in case with a removal tool but found nothing...

At last I created a Restore Point in case the prob comes back again, we'll see...

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!!!

I gave the puter back to my friend and hopefully no probs should arise...

Advertisements

oreofudge

oreofudge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
The two error messages that I mentioned earlier are:

1.- Access violation at address 74E50B09. Read of address 74E50B09

2.- Access violation at address 74E729AC. Read of address 74E729AC

Any clues?...