Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Critical Probelms

• Please log in to reply

Cleric

Cleric

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Everytime I try to download an anti-virus program or sometimes just run an installer, it just closes right up after a few seconds, so none of the stuff I tryed to download works, except Hijack This because you extract it instead of running an installer.

I have no clue what to do..
I'd greatly appreciate help.
Thx.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Cleric

Cleric

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
The only files that dont close when I start them is Hijackthis, CWShredder, and Winstock... I did with I could with those and I still have probelms... 95% of my installers close when I attempt to run them.. no error or anything pops up.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Please post a HijackThis log in a new topic in the Malware Forum. Someone will be able to help you figure out what is going on, and get it fixed up for you!

Cleric

Cleric

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thats been done two days ago, but Ive gotten no replys yet.

:tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I'm sorry it's taking so long. Due to the huge number of posts in the Malware forum, it can sometimes take a few days to get help. Please be patient, someone WILL get to you! :tazz:

Cleric

Cleric

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
[B]Thx but we're still not even sure if its Hijack This that can fix the probelm

Cleric

Cleric

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
If anyone knows what causes this, and how to fix it, please reply.