Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime Error in iexplore.exe

• Please log in to reply

levseltzer

levseltzer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My client with Windows XP can't get into MSIE. Error is:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information
I've searched for answers but can't find anything that works.
He's run McAfee AntiVirus full system scan, SpyBot 1.3, Webroot's SpySweeper (trial), Ad-Aware (trial), BHOdemon. They don't help. He's able to browse via Windows Explorer (as per someone's suggestion), but not MSIE. We've run HiJackThis (log is attached), and I could not find any problems in the top section (bottom section is beyond me).

I am at a loss.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what we can do to correct this?

Thanks.

Lev

Attached Files

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Wow ur the 6th victim in 3days for the sam problem.
There seems to be some problem with Google Toolbar.
Uninstall it.

levseltzer

levseltzer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My client removed the google toolbar, and MSIE works!

Thank you very much.

Dief

Dief

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just had the same problem, ran everything I could...nothing worked

deleted the toolbar...and SUCCESS! Thank you so much.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Wow this problem sure is getting popular.
Current Count: 7 in 4 days.
I think we need to collect some info. on this problem, as there is no info. about it in Google's Troubleshooting website for its Toolbar.
Can any of guys tell, what version of Google Toolbar were u using?

PatrickJN

PatrickJN

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same problem but being pretty well computer handicapped, could someone tell me how to get rid of the google toolbar please

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I have never used Google Toobar.
But I think, U can Unisntall it from Add\Remove Programs in Control Panel.

PatrickJN

PatrickJN

• Pip
  • 2 posts
That worked :tazz:

Thanks a lot!

u2sparky

u2sparky

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just had the same problem with that runtime error with IE. Once I uninstalled my Google Toolbar, the issue went away. I was using an old version of the toolbar, not sure of the exact one, but it was likely over a year old.

I've installed the latest version of the Google Toolbar and it works normally, so I'm not sure what happened to the old version.

u2sparky

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Thanks for the info.

Advertisements

haole_honey

haole_honey

banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
[B][I][COLOR=purple] I love you Dath_Ash, I had the same runtime error with my HP computer, not allowing me to get online, program files\iexplore...and yes you can remove Google Bar in the remove/add programs in Control Panel~ i even had to play nice with my ex hubby to ask him to look at my computer and he was vague at best, last time i had an error and computer problems he reloaded everything and saved/ghosted nothing.

I am so thrilled that i found you guys. i am not a computer dim-wit, yet i know that there are areas that you guys can help me with. i was so shocked when this happened since i dont download files or go to crazy websites, i clear my cache` and run spybots and mal checks, ugh! all this to get online to do my homework....well, mahalo from the island of Oahu. :tazz:

RW1557

RW1557

• Pip
  • 4 posts
you guys are the greatest...I have been having a heck of a time for the past week trying to figure out why I couldn't open my internet explorer. I managed to do a search on another computer and it brought me to this forum. I uninstalled my google toolbar and bingo it worked...THANK YOU

RW1557

bob-bob44

bob-bob44

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having the same error, but I do not have Google toolbar. The system did have a Yahoo searchbar that was installed when the client setup his DSL account with SBC-Yahoo. Anyone have this problem without Google?

haole_honey

haole_honey

banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry, no

~NikkI~

~NikkI~

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[I][FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=orange] Oh man oh man, You guys are the bestest. I was having the same runtime error, and the google toolbar thingy was the culpret. Sucks too, I really liked that thing. Thanks so much for your help!!