Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime Error in iexplore.exe

• Please log in to reply

melonman

melonman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Excellent, I was about to completely wipe my PC clean and do a rebuild and came across this thread, uninstalled the Google toolbar et voila ! Thanks everyone ! Here's the strange thing though. I used Norton Ghost a few months back and took a snaphot of my PC then, complete with Google Toolbar installed. My PC was working fine then and has been fine since until last week when I got this error message. I couldn't fix it so used Ghost to re-install July's image of the PC. Once this had restored, I tried IE, which worked once. Tried it again and the error came straight back immediately. That makes me think the Toolbar must be updating in the background with a recent update released by Google, causing this problem.

Advertisements

sidsen

sidsen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks a lot. Google Toolbar was it. As soon as I ininstalled Google Toolbar, IE was up and running. But it did terminate and restart automatically - twice. Reason- had not restarted the computer after Google Toolbar uninstall.
Rebooted and all problems gone!
You are the bestest. :tazz: :)

hillsidetony

hillsidetony

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:whistling: Just found your sight today and have had runtime errors for weeks.Uninstalled google and Yahoo!
Everything is great.Should have looked sooner.silly me.Thanks for your help.
Tony.

bluenoise

bluenoise

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having this issue, but I don't have Google Toolbar or Yahoo. I do have Google Desktop, so maybe I should try ditching it.

Specifically, I get this error after watching a video (QuickTime format) on stupidvideos.com (I'm not trying to plug the site, but it causes this error consistently).

I've scoured the web trying to find the answer to this and I found this very useful forum. Thanks!

Error details:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

R6025
- pure virtual function call

bluenoise

bluenoise

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Apparently, it was Google Desktop. I disabled it and the problem is gone.

eKayleigh

eKayleigh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't wanna be a downer, but i uninstalled both and i still get the error. Besides, when this happens i can't open my documents/music/pictures and control panel either. After restarting, it will get back to normal, but after a while the error occurs.

Another weird thing...only happens in one of the user desktops, the other is fine.

any ideas? thanks

Mikey242

Mikey242

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had this problem also. I uninstalled the google toolbar but nothing happened. However I noticed that I had the Skype IE plugin. I uninstalled that and it worked. Hopefully this will work for those of you who are still having this problem. Thanks guys.

Uninstall Skype IE plugin!

DimitrisGR

DimitrisGR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Had the same problem. No google bar installed.

I did a right click on the ie icon then Properties->Programs->Manage addons. Disable everything except java. Then run ie. Now everything went ok for me.

Next i've started to enable one by one the disabled addons and found which caused the problem (Each one needs ie restart).

In my case was an addon put there from my printer's software.

Hope this helps.

:whistling:

Dimitris

Edited by DimitrisGR, 15 September 2006 - 09:12 AM.

leprien27

leprien27

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey I have skype. The skype plug in for IE recognizes ph#'s on web pages and allows me to click them and call from my skype phone.
I went to internet properties in control panel, in the programs tab clicked manage addons. I found that there was my skype plugin. Then listed right after that was skype mastermind listed from same publisher as the other except it was a different type. disabled it works perfect and I still have my plugin working. I had actualy just installed skype on my xp machine. Just like I had befor I replaced my harddrive with a different one. I never had that problem then, maybe someone put an object there thats not supposed to be there or somthing. appears to be a certyified part of skype though. I did do somthing different with this install of xp though I up graded from a ghost image on new drive of windows 2000 had some exsisting programs i liked. That is the only difference I can see.

GO TO YOUR OPTIONS AND START DISABLING ADDONS THAT LOOK FUNNY it works

guess who?

guess who?

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, when i try opening up internet explorer is says
runtime error!
program: C:\programe files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
this aplication has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
please contact the applications suport team for more information.

and then the internet closes down.
The only way i can get onto the internet is right clicking internet explorer and open with ad-ons disabled.

i have been on websites and they all say to delete google toolbar. and i have but i still have this problem.

Please can some one help me finding out what i have t do to get my internet explorer working again?

many thanks

Advertisements

Medioambiente

Medioambiente

• Pip
  • 2 posts
runtime error!
program: C:\programe files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
this aplication has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
please contact the applications suport team for more information

I am having the same problem, have unistalled the google tool bar and I am still getting the same message not so often but it is happening, can anyone else advise to what the problem may be please.

I have also got a very slow running computer, my daughter has the same we live in differnt areas, and she has been getting the same type of problems as well.

:)