Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ultra DMA Mode-2. S.M.A.R.T

• Please log in to reply

shaz

shaz

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
switched my computer on and i got msg saying ultra dma mode-2 s.m.a.r.t. capable but disabled...what does this mean? and then when windows start i cant open anything from desktop or the start menu, i get msg saying that my current security settings prohibit running activex controls on this page ...is there any1 out there than can help me out :tazz:

shaz

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Some machines have a SMART enable/disable in the BIOS. You might want to go into Setup and check that. You may also have some settings in Device Manager for the disk drives. If you keep losing settings in the BIOS you may have a bad battery.

shaz

shaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
i think whats happening here is that my c drive is my partition drive...is that possible??? my desktop shows wht i have on my d drive (partition) and i think its why i cant open anything, if this is the cause how do i rectify it???
my o/s is windows me.

would appreciate the help

shaz