Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shuttle Discovery Has Landed!

• Please log in to reply

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
:tazz: ;) :) :woot: :wub: :( :( :hug: :huh:

I AM OVERJOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by makai, 09 August 2005 - 06:18 AM.

Advertisements

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
I stayed up to watch the landing on t.v. I'm in california so I heard and felt the sonic boom. It's great to see how well it went :tazz:

~Kristy

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
glad to see the piece of junk didn't explode.....ya know...it's a terrible world we live in when we can transfer data from one atom to another....but we still use a space shuttle that was built in the 70's (or whenever).....my laptop has something like 40 times the computing power of the thing...rediculous....but glad people didnt die

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
I tried to stay up and watch it land, but I feel asleep. I woke up this morning and watched the landing on Comcast. Im happy that they got home safe. NASA really needed this, and I think its the start of the new space era for us.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

.my laptop has something like 40 times the computing power of the thing...rediculous.

View Post

:tazz:

Can you tell me where you purchased this laptop for less than 2 million dollars ;)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
* insert exageration *

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
*insert a do some research before you say something stupid*

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
onecool....chilll...there's no reason to get feisty....it's a known fact that the current method of interstellar conveyance (ie. "the shuttle") is outdated and dangerous.... how bout this one for research http://www.idlewords..._to_nowhere.htm ...the long and short of it is there is absolutly no reason for us to be in such a fevered hurry to be sending people out into space in an over priced, out dated, piece of junk.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

but we still use a space shuttle that was built in the 70's (or whenever).....my laptop has something like 40 times the computing power of the thing...rediculous

Im not the one that typed that...just enjoying the laugh it gave me :tazz:

Maybe we can save some lives and just plug the space shuttle into your laptop ;)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Settle down everyone. The point of this thread is for us to be happy that the Shuttle landed safely, and all the astronauts made it home alive this time. :tazz:

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Settle down everyone. The point of this thread is for us to be happy that the Shuttle landed safely, and all the astronauts made it home alive this time. :tazz:

View Post

Very true!

Im sorry ;)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
apology accepted :tazz:

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Truth be told, I was very worried! I work for Aerospace, and several pilots that fly on our missions never made it home. In the past 5 years, 3 have died. It's sad everytime I think about it. The Shuttle disastors are on everyone's mind everytime one of them goes up. We all want them to be safe, and it's always a relief for me when any pilot makes it home!

God Bless their brave souls! They know very well the chances they take!

makai

dyserq

dyserq

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yes
I am very grateful seeing as and australian was on discovery as well
This is a huge leap for nasa, seeing as their shuttles have been grounded for so long, but no doubt there will be a while before more shuttle are lifting off to space, especially with concerns about the foam covering and falling debris

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Im really interested in Astrology and NASA! Got a bit nervous when they couldn't land, due to bad weather! Thank God! It was a safe landing! I reckon that NASA's Diginity was all written on Shuttle Discovery, specially after the Colombia Accident! :tazz:
Regards RockyIV