Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop won't boot up

• Please log in to reply

lj.metcalfe

lj.metcalfe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Toshiba laptop with windows xp and it won't boot up. It had a problem before where it kept cutting out but my dad fixed that by getting the dust out. I think he tried to defragment it yesterday because I have hardly any space left on it but it came up with an error which he ignored, since then it hasnt been booting up properly. We tried booting it up in safe mode then restarting it which seemed to work once but then stopped. Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
could you describe the situation a little better? any error codes? blue screens? post beeps? how far does it get through post? does it lock up anywhere in the boot process?

baby82

baby82

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HI.i cannot boot my dell laptop.it only boot up until the dell image and then shut down,and boot again and again...i now try to diagnose it and all test for 'cannot boot os'passed.now i'm trying to diagnose system locks up..is it because of my hard drive? i dont have a windows installation cd..can u please help me? :) T^T

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi baby82

You need to start your own post. This post is over 4 years old and the original poster evidently did not want to continue.