Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drive not detecting on bootup

• Please log in to reply

acehardy

acehardy

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi when I boot my pc it fails to read the hard drive asks to insert a bootable disk. When I open up the pc and unplug the hard drive and plug it back in. It works and detects in the BIOS and windows loads fine. I have a 200gig seagate I ran all their tests passes all error and stability tests.

And the tech support here is second to NONE.

acehardy12

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
In your bios, do you have it set to look at your hard drive first?

if that does not work, reset your bios to default. THat is what a mate of mine needed done to his computer and it worked.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Right off hand I would say your CMOS battery is dying or dead.. Suggest replacing it and see what happens!!

Murray

acehardy

acehardy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Tried battery and didn't work. Found its the IDE cable from the drive to the board. Works great now.

Thanks for all the support.

acehardt12 :tazz: ;) :) :(

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Your totally welcome :tazz: ;)