Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

generic host process for win 32

• Please log in to reply

peb

peb

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Afetr being on the internet for approx 5 mins i get the following error

generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem.

Afetr this my computer gets very slow and in the end crashes. I also cannot surf the internet.

Any way of helping?

peb

After playing around all day, on this reboot it hasn't happened, however everything has gone slow

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Just after boot up open your task manager and check your running processes. About 35 or 40 is par for XP. If you have much over that you might suspect malware. Then go to the malware forum. If that isn't the problem you might want to check your registry and system files for corruption.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Are you getting an error report pop up with this error?

If so are you sending it to microsoft?

If not, then you might want to start doing that, I had this problem as well and I sent the error report through to microsoft, and they suggested a patch to use.

So I downloaded it and installed it and never had the probelm again. I also found that sygate firewall was causeing it to.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

If you happen to be using XP SP2 and ONLY if you are using Service Pack 2, try THIS Microsoft Hotfix..

Murray

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
has this problem been fixed with your computer?

peb

peb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yes the problem has now gone.

Thank you for your time

peb

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Your totally welcom,

Glad that we could help :tazz: