Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

no sound driver

• Please log in to reply

Karen T

Karen T

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm new to this, so please be patient....I lost all my memory/hard drive, (windows xp). I couldn't use the restore feature, so I had someone re-program for me. The problem is that I have no sound system. I tried the roller drive back method, but this didn't work--probably because there is no driver. Anyway I need some very"detailed" suggestions to fix this problem. My computer didn't come with cd's so re-installing is out of the question. And because everything was lost I can't use the system resore feature for this either. Oh--and the code 28 thing is the thing that comes up. Hope someone out there can make sense of this. (need help before 2 teenagers kill me...they apparently need thier sound!!!) Thanks... :tazz: kitty1@mts.net

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Download and install EVEREST

Once installed, run it and post the log here.. Once we figure out what soundcard you have, getting the drivers shouldn't be that hard !! :tazz:

Murray