Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Opening Router Ports

• Please log in to reply

W-Unit

W-Unit

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
How do I open up a port on my router? :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Look in the router hand book to find out how to access the "webpage" that has all the settings and go to it. Explore it a bit and you'll find port forwarding etc.. Routers vary a great deal in their setup so there isn't much help we can be without knowing the make and model, and there are many.

W-Unit

W-Unit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
I have a D-Link DI-524 router. I lost the handbook many moons ago...

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

I have a D-Link DI-524 router.  I lost the handbook many moons ago...

View Post

Go to the D-Link website, I'm sure they must have some info. Many routers use the address

http://192.168.1.1

just click on the link and see if it takes you to your router.

W-Unit

W-Unit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
I went to the D-Link website and turns out the address is actually 192.168.0.1
Anyway, now that I'm in the configuration, I can't figure out what I need to do to open a port...
I'm pretty sure it's going to be under the advanced category. The subcategories I have from that are:
Virtual Server
Applications
Filters
Firewall
DMZ
Performance
I've tried playing around with Firewall (tried adding an entry for Allow All IPs UDP port 27015) and DMZ (tried both using 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.101) but the daemon still shows my IP as 192.168.0.101 which I know is not my actual IP ...

This is so I can run a small server if that makes it any different. I've already the appropriate firewall ports open.

I know this is a router issue because plugging my computer directly into the modem fixes it...

Edited by W-Unit, 10 August 2005 - 06:13 PM.