Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More RAM...slower computer?

• Please log in to reply

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hello all. I just had an extra stick of DIMM DDR 512MB PC3200 installed in my computer yesterday to equal 1024MB. I came home for lunch today and went onto the ol' comp and for some reason now my computer is running slower than ever. I close a window and I either get parts of it disappear or it turns into a white block on my desktop and takes over 3 mins to remove itself.

Anyone know why this happens? :tazz:

Advertisements

phua zheng hao

phua zheng hao

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
did you format your comp after u install additional RAM? i wonder it is true anot, but i was told that we need to format after adding RAMs.

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Nope. Didn't reformat. Installing a new hard drive today also so I'll give it a try and let ya know :tazz:

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Installed a new hard drive (was planning to do it this week) and my RAM seems to be working fine now :tazz: Thanks!

[Thread Closed]

Edited by Twiztnin223, 14 August 2005 - 05:08 PM.