Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon 9800 Pro problems

• Please log in to reply

GeoGecko

GeoGecko

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings to you from a desperate man, a man on the edge, a man ready to do anything to get his new Radeon 9800 Pro working, here is my problem:

I've put the Radeon in the AGP slot, connected it to a power slot, plugged my monitor into the back of it and switched on the machine. It didn't work (i wouldn't be here if it did though would I? :tazz: )

So, I've removed all the old nvidia drivers and disabled my old card (it was an integrated GeForce 2) but to no avail

I've updated my AMD chipset drivers, specifically those concerning AGP slots (though it did tell me it couldn't find any AMD hardware when i tried to install some of the drivers).

I've checked that my power thingy is high enough (It's 350W and I'm told I only need 300W).

So please, instruct me! I am a desperate man, a man on the...oh wait, done that part.

Thankyou in advance

Advertisements

phua zheng hao

phua zheng hao

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
firstly, check your bios. did you disable the integrated graphic card and enable the agp slot..... double check after u disable it by plug in the monitor cable to the integrated graphic card.
1) what brand is your power supply? did your power supply have active pfc which
stand for true power. some power supply do not have active pfc , so the power
stated there are not 100% correct.
2) what motherboard are u using? it might be that your mother board are not
compatible with your graphic card.
3) try your graphic card on other motherboard. check whether the card got any
prob .