Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox makes me mad with connection refused erro

• Please log in to reply

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Plz can anyone help me on this. This connection refused error really pisses me off. ;) :)
I have opera,netscape 7.02,internet explorer 6 ,mozilla firefox v1.04 . Each and everyone is showing different problems except for IE which does not open any site at all and shows me the cannot find server error. Firefox does open some sites but ie,netscape and opera do not even bother to open anysite. plz help me i have tried everything i could get on the internet but i got nothing useful. i also tried winsockfix and diabled the ipv6 option in mozilla firefox.
PLZ HELP :tazz: :(

Advertisements

SoccerDad

SoccerDad

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Hi prasharry2k5, and welcome to Geeks to Go!

I think your best bet is to make sure your machine is free and clear of Crapware, etc.

Read and follow the directions posted here:
http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

Once completed, if you are still having issues, start a thread in the Malware forum and one of the techs will jump in and assist you.

ttysoon, SD

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
;) thanks gfor ur kwik reply im just doing wat u said hope for the best thank u very much for helping u r gr8. :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so you can't get online with any browsers besides firefox? and firefox doesn't load much...right? do you have a firewall? how are you connected to the internet?

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
ya u r right. I have all the well known browsers like netscape, opera ie and firefox. But netscape and opera show "connection refused while trying to connect to ...". Ie shows cannot find server. Firefox does open many sites thats the only way im accessing gtg. But it gives major problemsin all smtp and some othere sites too. It also gives the same error "connection refused when trying to contact gmail.com". Im writing gmail because it is the site which i want to access badly because i cannot check my mails. Hotmail opens up alright but whenever i try to write password and username and click on submit the same error crops up. Right now im scanning for trojans. I use sygate personal firewall, and zonealarm. I uninstalled zonealarm because i thought it was the major source of this problem. I use spyware doctor for spywares. Plz tell me wat to do furthermore.ask me whatever u want to know more about the problem. i will tell u in detail. But do plz try to help me out. :tazz:

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
plz why has n't anyone responded yet. I have removed every trojan and every spyware i could have but still the problem persisits plz help. which software should i use to setup a proxy server

king kong

king kong

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
do u use wireless internet from a diff comp cuz i had the excaxt same prob and ill i did was dlete netscape and ie and them restart muh comp and the comp that isnt wireless

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Turn off the firewalls one is enough if you have your router DMZed and two is asking for trouble, check you are actually connected to the internet.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
i unionstalled zone alarm im now using sygate only. But still the problem persists. Im from India and im using a dsl connection from bharti infotel(touchtel).what to do now. Even before i installed netscape these problems were there.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
im still having problems accesing my mail address at hotmail.com, mail at gmail.com, mail at rediffmail.com and netscape and opera also connectio refused interent explorer is way beyond and shows cannot find server
plz plz plz plz plz plz anyone help me out i feel reaaly bad no help has come to me again after some posts. :tazz: :)

irvin38a

irvin38a

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:) OMG i can't beleve i've found somebody having the same problem as me!!!
I thought i was going crazy.

I can connect to most sites but all of a sudden i can't connect to alot of them that i used to be able to. i get messages on firefox saying connestion refused and on ie saying page unavailable.

Some of the sites are:

www.vauxhall.co.uk

www.argos.co.uk

www.koptalk.org

I have tried everywher (even everything on this and the above thread!!)

please please please help me!!! :tazz:

king kong

king kong

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
do u use wireless

irvin38a

irvin38a

• Pip
  • 3 posts
nope

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
dude vauxhall.co.uk is opening up on my side. But i do still have problems with gmail and some other sites whenever i enter my username and password into hotmail i get the connection refused error.