Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

Den G

Den G

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Using Outlook 2003, and WinXP onthe computers.
For some reason today have thefollowing problem:

Receiving all the messages from all of the accounts, although all of the mail editing actions are unactive *reply/forward/reply to all/etc...
can not do anything with any messages in any of the folders.

Seems like something 'ticked' somewhere it seems like a read only mode....
I can not find anything and do not believe i did anything too...

PLEASE HELP.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check with the senders

Send a message by using a custom e-mail message form
On the Tools menu, point to Forms, and then click Choose Form.
In the Look In box, click Personal Forms Library.
Select the name of the custom form that you created, and then click Open.
A new e-mail message appears.

Compose and send your message as you usually would.
The Reply All and Forward buttons will not be available to the recipient on the toolbar in the e-mail message. Similarly, keyboard shortcuts, such as CTRL+F, or clicking Reply on the Standard toolbar will not work.

It could also be you are set for plain text, editing options used by Word usually need it set to HTML

Den G

Den G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks, butdoes not help.
as all the messaging is business related and there'reno forms used
alsoeven old messages (fromthis morning or last night) can not be edited or re-sent

have no buttons orshort-keys available for any e-mailing operation other than DELETE . Although receiving all the messages ok and have themon the screen...

Tools>options... also not available ... completely puzzled... :tazz: ;)

Den G

Den G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
and also tools>forms>choose forms not availble...

Den G

Den G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
it's not even letting me to do 'New Email'.... It's just useless...like a TV you can look at itbut youcan do nothing...

could it be some firewall changes? or perhaps antivir have stop something ? I have not got a clue...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check with these

http://www.pandasoft...n_principal.htm

http://housecall60.t.../start_corp.asp

On the far right of the reply forward bar is a black drop down arrow, click it then add / remove buttons then untick all the reply, forward etc, close it, close Outlook, Open Outlook, go back to the drop down arrow,, add / remove, replace all the ticks for reply, forward etc, close it and see if you can use them.

Den G

Den G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
all clear . no problem on active scan ....

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If unticking / ticking didn't get reply etc to show, click help, detect and repair

Den G

Den G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thank you all

repair did not work either > nothing worked. ;)

got so fed up :woot: with that so went into outlook.sys and msoffice.sys file and debuged them. :tazz:
it was to the grate surprised of mine :hug: what i have discovered!!! :huh:
somehow MS Office installed on the computer were not activated with Microsoft :( and used all of the 50 attempts it has for free-use :wub: . then it's just switched into read-only mode! :tazz:

checking with Help/activate showed activation were fine and everything were perfect, although the counter were counting down the use of the MS Outlook!

Tried to zero the counter in the sys file but did not work as there were counters elsewhere...

Decided just to wipe the [bleep] thing of the computer (entire MS office) and re-install the new version with proper activation.... Problem all solved. Checked the .sys and it's all okay. :) Long-Live MS (:woot:

so somehow there were an installation bug in the first place that installed MS in 'trial-mode' :(

Thank you all andappreciate the efforts you provide in trying to solve my problem....

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting us know what it was