Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD help

• Please log in to reply

Asylum

Asylum

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have a Presario 2100 that has a samsung cdrw/dvd sn-324 drive in it.
I can play music and read cd's but am unable to play a dvd on it, it simply is not recognizing it. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Check the drive under device manager check if it is installed properly if it isnt it will have a yellow icon next to it signifing it needs drivers to be installed. Also a fix that seems to work no reason why it does but make sure the hard drive and the optical drive is on a different IDE channel.

Asylum

Asylum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I checked the device manager and everything is fine there, alos I updated the drivers I needed too. Not sure how they are hooked up into the IDE because it is a lap top and I have never opened one up and it is not mine. Thanks for the response though. :tazz: