Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nVIDIA Video Cards

• Please log in to reply

Vision

Vision

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Are the nVIDIA 6200 series good in ways err no? Any other suggestion of some other Video Cards either ATi or nVIDIA for a good price?

Advertisements

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
The 6200's are kind of weak to run games nowadays...

You might try a 6600GT.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
The 6200 is not good. Your best bet would be the 6600 gt its only $50 more or so, iv seen some around $150. A regular 6800 is around $164. An ati x700 pro is around $129 and up and it runs games good. (Best bang for your Buck)

Look into the ati x700 pro if your on a budget that is the one to check.

Look at www.newegg.com

type specific cards in search engines and add benchmarks or reviews.
example x700 pro review in a search engine :tazz:

Edited by jrm20, 09 August 2005 - 08:22 PM.

Vision

Vision

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
yea but i want to get a mob with PCI-e should I stick with it n buy it err look at some AGP cause I know there not makin ny vid cards wit AGP anymore wat u think?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
If your buying the new motherboard soon with pci express then wait when u buy the motherboard and get a pci express video card.

Vision

Vision

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
should i go for the x700 err the 6600 GT or 6800 is the x700 better?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
About the same if you are getting a 6600gt you might be able to afford a cheap x800pro.

Vision

Vision

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
hmm ya The 6600's are 256 mb and would run smoother in games...but the 6600 GT have 128 mb...soo its very confusing to me of which one should I get since I am gettin a new vid card ect. specially Battlefield 2 which I'm lookin forward to get later on once I get this new computer :tazz: and well I was wondering if any1 has a 6600 or a 6600GT and runs Battlefield 2? How does it look nd could you take pictures or mayb even a video thanx
-George