Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound

• Please log in to reply

avalonci

avalonci

• Pip
  • 2 posts
About a month ago my pc started to cut in and out of sound and the only thing that worked was to plug in headphones. Now, nothing works.

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1100 laptop, operating under Windows XP Pro. I have not downloaded or installed any sound card updates; the only thing i have updated is through Windows AutoUpdate, including Service Pack 2. I have run through every device manager/trouble shoot I could find on my pc and nothing has changed.

Suggestions are welcome.

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
In your device manager - make sure there are no question marks or exclamation points in your audio catagories

avalonci

avalonci

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Everything checks out in my device manager. As far as my pc's concerned the sound system is fully functional.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
just because device manager says that it is there doesn't mean it really is.....try taking the card out and putting it in another machine if you can...or getting another card and testing it in your machine..