Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Major install and run problem

• Please log in to reply

u4please

u4please

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Cannot install any programs to remove viruses or correct registry. Everything hangs. When i try to execute a piece of software that i have installed i get an error 82. It always uses 100% of cpu usage and states it is not responding in the task manager. I cannot begin to understand how to fix. format drive and start from clean drive?

Advertisements

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hello,

Welcome to Geeks To Go! My name is Paul and I would like to help you with your situation.
Question:

Cannot install any programs to remove viruses or correct registry. Everything hangs. When i try to execute a piece of software that i have installed i get an error 82. It always uses 100% of cpu usage and states it is not responding in the task manager. I cannot begin to understand how to fix. format drive and start from clean drive?

Answer:
You may need to do a clean install of Windows XP if this fix does not work. I reccomend that you try a Windows XP System Repair. This will repair Windows XP but not any of your files or programs. I would go ahead and give this a try before you do a clean install. Good luck! :tazz:
Paulcomputerman

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Do you have access to safe mode? Many malware removal tools can be used in safe mode.

Repair Install
http://www.michaelst...pairinstall.htm

Clean Install
http://www.winsupers...xp_sg_clean.asp

Johanna

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

:tazz: Cannot install any programs to remove viruses or correct registry.  Everything hangs.  When i try to execute a piece of software that i have installed i get an error 82.  It always uses 100% of cpu usage and states it is not responding in the task manager.  I cannot begin to understand how to fix.  format drive and start from clean drive?

View Post

Is your version of windows legal?