Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

CanesReign

CanesReign

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Everytime I open up IE or Outlook Express, I get a box that pops up titled

"Would you like to go offline?
No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet content that has been saved to your computer, click Work Offline.
Click Try Again to attempt to connect.
Options:
Work Offline Try Again"

Then I click Try Again and it connects me. Then every time my auto send/receive goes off or I go to another website, I get the same box.

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It sounds like your internet serivce provider is taking it's time assigning you an IP. Some of them are getting short of IPs and handing them out as needed so it takes them a few seconds to give you a new one. You might check with

www.ipchicken.com

a few times and see if you have a new IP each time. If so, that is what is happening.

CanesReign

CanesReign

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I did that a couple of times and IPChicken is saying that I have the same IP address. I even got a couple of those internet connection errors pop up while doing this.

Help

:tazz:

CanesReign

CanesReign

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Bump

CanesReign

CanesReign

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I guess I'm not the only one that doesn't know the answer to this problem. It seems nobody else does either

If somebody can please help I would greatly appreciate it. This is a huge annoyance everytime I'm on the internet or checking my email.

:tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Everytime I open up IE or Outlook Express, I get a box that pops up titled

"Would you like to go offline?
No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet content that has been saved to your computer, click Work Offline.
Click Try Again to attempt to connect.
Options:
Work Offline      Try Again"

Then I click Try Again and it connects me. Then every time my auto send/receive goes off or I go to another website, I get the same box.

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks!

View Post

I think that you might have your Outlook to hang up once finished doing a send and receive.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
To my last reply.

Try this:

Open outlook express.

Tools>options>Connections.

If Hang up after sending and receiving is ticked, then untick it