Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

KVM that works with games

• Please log in to reply

modusoperandi

modusoperandi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm looking to buy a KVM to go between my linux box and my windows box. I bought one, but when ever I was playing any game ie DOD, CS, the keyboard would cut in and out. If I held a key down for more than a few seconds, it would stop responding. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you solve it. Or does anyone know of a KVM that for sure won't give me these problems?

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Just a few notes on this subject:

There are issues using KVM & playing games - Most games use AVTIVE X Control which could conflict with the Hot Keys of KVM - Plus playing these games ONLINE with a KVM plus having a FIREWALL & Antivirus programs scaning ACTIVE X CONTROL Programs and having HEARTBURN over HOT KEYS could cause delays in keystrokes.

All of these actions going on at the same time & stepping all over each other can cause problems. Don't know how serious - probably just gets in the way at critical game situations??

Get on some KVM MFG WEBB SITES & look at FAQs on these issues. The better KVM will address these issues.

Also read up on Security issues with playing games ONLINE that uses ACTIVEX Controlls

Everything is more complicated . .. A good source of info is to visit Bookstores/news stands & browse thru Magazines . . .

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 10 August 2005 - 06:29 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
if you don't use the kvm's hot keys then you can disable them