Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

DrWatson Postmortem Debugger Problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
When I first turn on my computer and click on Internet Explorer or click on a simple folder like My Documents the task bar would freeze. This usually happens randomly so I never know when to expect it. Sometimes the whole computer freezes though I'm still able to work with windows that is still on the restore down or maximized mode. It takes a long time to actually work again or it won't and I have to restart the whole computer.

There are times when I click on Internet Explorer and I suddenly get a message that the program isn't responding and asks me if I would like to send a report. After I get that, the window will still be open and blank. Then I get another message that says DrWatson Postmortem Debugger isn't responding and asks me if I'd like to send a report. As I get past that the program freezes. Though I've found a way for it all to fix, Ctrl+Alt+Delete. I go to task manger then click on Processes and find this name called drwtsn(sometime 32 will be beside it).exe and end the process. The task bar wipes itself clean and everything is back to normal.

This has happened more often now, and half the time I won't even be able to do anything on my computer.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. I went to M$ and found this: http://support.micro...kb;en-us;308538
Take a look and see if it helps. If this is not the answer, go to M$, support and do a search. Multiple hits in the M$ knowledge base will be found.