Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xp laggy

• Please log in to reply

kewlnsol

kewlnsol

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I recently got myself 1gb memory to combat the problem of lag on my 2.2 gb athlon when im on my desktop as i run around loads of folders at a time but found a warning of a lozone - j trojen.

I use avast go anti vir. as up to date as it gets and the 2005 versions of all the mcAfees stuff, when i startup pc go into windows the mcafees starts up and the avast does too but soon as the computers ready for use the mcAfee logo vanishes from the running bar.

the problems im experiencing are a few here

*Lag open,close of folders
*problems openening cd,cdrw,dvd,dvd rw
*opening folders on second hdd

when i use avg i do a memory virus check at start up and it takes bout 15 files from the pc and then soon as it starts up the warning your computer is infected with a virus pops up again.

I used the restore funtion and its the same it remains, i got a nforce 2 mobo all up to date as can be with the anti virus warning in soft menu this doesnt detect the problem?

im fed up with the laggy problems and hope someone can help. IT OBVIOUSLY SHUTS DOWN MY FIRE WALL SO I TRY TO INSTALL NORTAN AND IT WONT COS IT SAYS MCAFEE INSTANCES ARE STILL RUNNING

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. You need to get rid of the malware/virus. There is help available here but you will have to do some preliminary work first. Work your way through the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here. " This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html