Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whoops, sorry, double posted, please delete

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Grimmeth

Grimmeth

• Pip
  • 5 posts
First post, guess I should say hello to everyone :tazz:

I'm not sure if this should go in this forum or the bulding a computer forum but still...

I've recently built a new system (specs below) and, having come to install Windows XP Home (a full licensed version) with service pack 1. However, it hits the point where I press enter to begin installing XP it simply returns the error that there is no hard drive present. However, the post recognises the HDD.

I've tried using Asus EZ flash to flash the system Bios to the latest version - but no change to the HDD problem, I've also tried running Maxtor Maxblast 4 to recgonise the drive, but while it can recognise and partition the drive, windows still doesn't. All conections have also been double checked and I'm definitely using the standard SATA connections, not the RAID ones.

I'm using:

Asus AV8 Delux Motherboard
Athlon64 Winchester 3200
Maxtor Diamondmax 200g SATA drive
1gb 3200 Crucial memory

I can post any other details if they are needed, but it may take me a little while to find the info as I am not currently at home.

Edited by Grimmeth, 10 August 2005 - 04:11 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Duplicate post

Kc :tazz: